Let There Be Peace
Everlasting Father, we come to You in our need.
Create in us awareness of the massive forces
That threaten our world today.
Grant us a sense of urgency to activate
The forces of love, of justice, of kindness,
Of peace, of togetherness.
Where there is armed conflict, let humanity
Stretch hands across oceans and create
Dialogue for peace with security.
Where there are divisions, let unity prevail.
Place hope where there is despair.
Formulate a plan that the strong may
Design programs to help the least amongst them.
Where there is poverty, let there be room
For dignity to come forth and mitigate despair.
May good practise of people of the world
Look to You for guidance and protection.
Teach us Your spirit, for it is only in
Your love that the world may gain peace.
Let cowards tremble at Your call.
Your will must be done, so let it be!
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let There Be Peace by Winston Harding )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I'm Explaining a Few Things, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Blood and Gore, Leong Ming Loong
- Expressly For A Friend..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Welcome Love, Sari Mavi
- Wrongdoing, Leong Ming Loong
- Beyond Emerald City...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Many Buffalomen & The Bullock-cartmen To.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raucous, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The resting place, Emmanuel George Cefai
- History writes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Bihar of The Third-class People (Not All.., Bijay Kant Dubey