Let There Be Peace
Everlasting Father, we come to You in our need.
Create in us awareness of the massive forces
That threaten our world today.
Grant us a sense of urgency to activate
The forces of love, of justice, of kindness,
Of peace, of togetherness.
Where there is armed conflict, let humanity
Stretch hands across oceans and create
Dialogue for peace with security.
Where there are divisions, let unity prevail.
Place hope where there is despair.
Formulate a plan that the strong may
Design programs to help the least amongst them.
Where there is poverty, let there be room
For dignity to come forth and mitigate despair.
May good practise of people of the world
Look to You for guidance and protection.
Teach us Your spirit, for it is only in
Your love that the world may gain peace.
Let cowards tremble at Your call.
Your will must be done, so let it be!
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let There Be Peace by Winston Harding )
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
- we never did go bowling, Mandolyn ...
- How To Tie The Knot, Foster Teegarden
- hurry husband, shush my alliteration, Mandolyn ...
- Sharp Is The Bite, Donald R Charon
- Erato my Muse of love poetry. (Part 2), Erato
- Headache, Foster Teegarden
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)