Let There Be Peace
Everlasting Father, we come to You in our need.
Create in us awareness of the massive forces
That threaten our world today.
Grant us a sense of urgency to activate
The forces of love, of justice, of kindness,
Of peace, of togetherness.
Where there is armed conflict, let humanity
Stretch hands across oceans and create
Dialogue for peace with security.
Where there are divisions, let unity prevail.
Place hope where there is despair.
Formulate a plan that the strong may
Design programs to help the least amongst them.
Where there is poverty, let there be room
For dignity to come forth and mitigate despair.
May good practise of people of the world
Look to You for guidance and protection.
Teach us Your spirit, for it is only in
Your love that the world may gain peace.
Let cowards tremble at Your call.
Your will must be done, so let it be!
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let There Be Peace by Winston Harding )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ode on Solitude, Alexander Pope
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Ode to Jokowi, Sari Mavi
- ಶೂನ್ಯ, Deepak Malapur
- Here We Are In The Year 2015, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Woodcutter, prayash purush
- A Deprived Child, Dona Jean
- Meditation, Rimni chakravarty
- Dear! It Has To Be you, Rimni chakravarty
- Upon These Adored Shores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Myself, Rimni chakravarty
- A tale of two trees, Ricky Nyairo