Let There Be Peace
Everlasting Father, we come to You in our need.
Create in us awareness of the massive forces
That threaten our world today.
Grant us a sense of urgency to activate
The forces of love, of justice, of kindness,
Of peace, of togetherness.
Where there is armed conflict, let humanity
Stretch hands across oceans and create
Dialogue for peace with security.
Where there are divisions, let unity prevail.
Place hope where there is despair.
Formulate a plan that the strong may
Design programs to help the least amongst them.
Where there is poverty, let there be room
For dignity to come forth and mitigate despair.
May good practise of people of the world
Look to You for guidance and protection.
Teach us Your spirit, for it is only in
Your love that the world may gain peace.
Let cowards tremble at Your call.
Your will must be done, so let it be!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let There Be Peace by Winston Harding )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Feeling Of Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Existing Transcendentally, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Yam, Tony Adah
- What If a Poet Doesn't Like His Own Poet.., Monk E. Biz
- Forewarning Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PERFECTION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- I salute you, poets, gajanan mishra
- समनि नायथाय- 04, Ronjoy Brahma
- White elephant, gajanan mishra
- PROMISE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov