i'm taking this first step into the unknown
because no matter how much i want you to be my own
you're a good for nothing liar, i should've known
you said i'm your queen but in reality, i'm just your pawn.
I don't know when it really started
But when it'll end, i have decided
mark this very day, i want you to be reminded
Today my love for you i happily diverted.
two separate words truly, you and I
Sometimes at night i wonder why
You keep doing things that make me cry
All the sweet talks that're nothing but lies.
We're not really lovers, just friends
When you said you love me, the friendship ends
Losing our friendship hurts but i did pretend
That my happiness was not in your hands.
Without further ado, i say goodbye
My love for you just needs to die
cause unlike yours, my love's not a lie
i'm tired of these tears that i always cry.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
this guy is a close friend of mine..
we love each other, or so i thought.
he told me he loves me,
but those were only words
he never really proved it.
he said he's not yet ready,
so i'm waiting for the day he'll be ready
but he keeps on ignoring me.
unless that's the new definition of love,
i'd appreciate his treatment.
Comments about this poem (lie by nijhako dibo )
- My Labour and Thy Favour, Aftab Alam
- I am Young, Aftab Alam
- My Breakfast, Tony Adah
- Idiotic bribery, SALINI NAIR
- Imaginational Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- SONS WHO SILENTLY CHANGE HISTORY, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- FRAGRANCE, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- lost to me, Edan Oliver
- An Open - Ended Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- JANE SAYS., Terry Collett
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- About motherland by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(1886 - 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)