Lawrence S. Pertillar
Lieing Spies Are All Over The Place
Those who have lied and in a secret spying,
And hired other spies to snoop for them...
Are now accusing those snoops of treason.
For reasons to suspect them of betrayal,
Because they refuse to continue with the doing.
And have failed to be the 'creeps' they were hired to be.
And now, today like pests and unaccepted insects,
Lieing spies are all over the place...
Campaining to gain the trust of the people.
By saying they had no intention to infringe upon,
Their peace of mind and privacy...
With a listening to everything they say everyday,
To probe with a doing even 'after' they have gone to bed.
Yet what had been done was to ensure the safety,
And best interest of everyone, as is claimed...
Like a profiling done to perform on someone,
Just wanting to mind their own business to do as done.
In their own neighborhoods.
But the crooks, deceivers and thieves believe,
Those who are apparently innocent 'and' peaceful...
Are the ones with 'looks' and appearances to be suspect.
And are reported to be threats,
To an idealistic although highly deluded quality of life.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lieing Spies Are All Over The Place by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
- Corruption, abhi mangla
- Nature, abhi mangla
- Mate, legitimate!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)