Lawrence S. Pertillar
Lieing Spies Are All Over The Place
Those who have lied and in a secret spying,
And hired other spies to snoop for them...
Are now accusing those snoops of treason.
For reasons to suspect them of betrayal,
Because they refuse to continue with the doing.
And have failed to be the 'creeps' they were hired to be.
And now, today like pests and unaccepted insects,
Lieing spies are all over the place...
Campaining to gain the trust of the people.
By saying they had no intention to infringe upon,
Their peace of mind and privacy...
With a listening to everything they say everyday,
To probe with a doing even 'after' they have gone to bed.
Yet what had been done was to ensure the safety,
And best interest of everyone, as is claimed...
Like a profiling done to perform on someone,
Just wanting to mind their own business to do as done.
In their own neighborhoods.
But the crooks, deceivers and thieves believe,
Those who are apparently innocent 'and' peaceful...
Are the ones with 'looks' and appearances to be suspect.
And are reported to be threats,
To an idealistic although highly deluded quality of life.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lieing Spies Are All Over The Place by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The tour bus of heaven., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Sirens, Alesia Leach
- American red, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Race is on., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Decree's, Cee Bea
- A letter to a soldier., Harold R Hunt Sr
- 11 Days Before Christmas, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Percy Bysshe Shelley