Here - here is the blade.
See there the tell-tale stain's impact;
Did I not thrust it to your very heart?
Yet in all your babble where is once the proof
That one - yes, even one - blood droplet fell?
Ah - you withhold the truth -
And I say lies - lies is what you tell.
Here - here is the smile.
And would you have immortality
Snared from the traps that you have set for me?
To thwart your scheme I long since have forgiven.
See now this strength - do I not wear it well?
Ah - to overestimate your worth -
That would be lies - lies I will not tell.
Adeline Foster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Few if any may realize where this came from.
©Copyright Adeline Foster
Comments about this poem (, -lies by Adeline Foster )
- In A Gory Accident, Edward Kofi Louis
- Peace Is Complete, Rohit Sapra
- hope and opinion., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Roses are True and So Is Love, Rohit Sapra
- Grammar, Edward Kofi Louis
- A lovely smile upon your face, Erato
- Contemplation, Edward Kofi Louis
- That Love, Dabouz Yamina
- Oranien, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Historic, But Black Statue of Radha-.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 January 1832 – 14 January 1898)
(November 9 - 1937)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)