okoye charles (12th Febuary,1988 / Onitsha)
Life, -A Dark Maiden
Life, -a dark maiden; she is far from fair
With long a leg, yet short the same
Sometimes she crawls, sometimes she runs like hare
Or a game.
She comes in pairs, she's the worst and the best
She might smile, she might cry the same
Her pride glows from the east but on the west
Lies her shame.
The seasons brings her fate, pale and pretty
She has bright and dull on her name
Life is ne'er fair, but she is a beauty
All the same.
Poet Other Poems
- A Picture
- A Walk Through the Cemetry
- An Excerpt from 'The Journey of the Soul...
- And In Death All Shall Be Made Equal
- If Not For The Dance Which She Alone Can...
- Life, -A Dark Maiden
- Lines Written in Heartbreak
- Lines Written On A Starless Night
- Love Has Made Me a Fool of Her's
- Love is not like the mother's womb
- Love Sick
- My Emotions Betray Me
- Our Street Is Broken
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.