Life At Its Best
Jesus came as Prince of Peace, offering a life that will not cease.
There’s a peace He came to give, to all on earth who chose to live,
Life on this earth at its very best, until this weary body’s laid to rest.
Helping us to live this earthly life, while dealing with the daily strife.
For this peace we must lay on Him, every burden and anxious whim.
Satan may place a trial in our way, to fill our heart with utter dismay,
But with the presence of The Lord, help and grace can be implored,
If as Believer’s we would only dare, cast to Christ every single care.
God The Father calls upon all of us, to in His Son place all our trust.
All cares and burdens of this life, are to be cast to the feet of Christ.
The Lord Jesus Christ is over all, and knows all needs, big and small,
When we trust Him with all our days, God fills life with joy and praise.
It’s not an option as some suggest, or from Christ a passing request,
For it is a command to cast to Him, all our burden lest to turns to sin,
As the sins of worry and of unbelief, is what the enemy tries to seed.
To take our mind off Jesus Christ; and fill our heart with undue strife.
God’s inner peace is the essence, of living daily in Christ’s presence,
For when a trial causes one grief, His omnipresence brings him relief.
All that I need, I have through Grace, that helps me any time or place,
Grace from God that will not cease, that gives me Everlasting Peace.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life At Its Best by Bob Gotti )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns