Life half over
Life half over,
What's it about?
Why am I here?
I have my doubts.
Stuck in a rut,
Same job too long,
Too little to do,
It just feels wrong.
I feel like I'm trapped
By security and pay,
What else to do?
I think every day.
I need some goal,
A dream or vision,
Something to work for,
A wise decision.
There must be more
To this life I live,
I feel half alive
And no longer thrive.
Harlan Simantel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life half over by Harlan Simantel )
- A Deadly Romance, Akhtar Jawad
- Tear Stained Haiku, Patrick Czyz
- It Hurts When Your're Letting Go, Marvin Tordillos
- Where Is The Faith Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- You Were Never A No, Susan Lacovara
- Making change, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- My Home, Fatima Nusairat
- Strength is POWER!, Rosa. L Tenezaca
- With love at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Through A Puppet's Eyes (2), Dilantha Gunawardana
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)