Life is complex in it's simplicity
The three main walks of life,
To be happy, live and survive.
They say 'chase your dreams' and then 'No, don't be dreaming.'
Trying to inject my life with their meanings.
It's impossible to truly live without confrontation, disputes and argumentation,
people try to help, destroy and add confusion.
There are choices to be made and it's hard to find our own,
In this big big world you're insignificant, leaves us feeling so alone,
when others give you a break life'll still throw us sticks and stones.
We all have to learn to defend ourselves and be strong but
it's easier said than done, sometimes we'll find to be in the wrong
side of the pavement.
And patience will lead us to a place of greatness but we have to wait,
as the roads aren't always in lines of straightness.
Don't fall for every bait, don't start hating fate,
Our lives are for us to dictate.
Through damnation, frustration, causation,
remember that we can always create our recreation
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life is complex in it's simplicity by Jen Eva )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Poem N6, Kristian Djordjanov
- Blesses Be, Clara Keiper
- Poem N5, Kristian Djordjanov
- Glowing Face, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Times Of Yesterday, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N4, Kristian Djordjanov