There are some things
That everyone knows;
Like, for instance,
That “April showers bring May flowers”,
And that after a shower there’s always a rainbow,
And on that rainbow seven colours are painted,
And at the end of those colours is a pot of gold.
Everyone knows you can never reach the end of it.
You’re getting closer all the time.
Find your own
Deep rich reds
Loud tangy oranges
Carefree light yellows
Fresh crisp greens
Calm mellow blues
Quiet subtle violets
Delicate lilting indigoes.
And who knows?
At the very end
You just might find your very own shining pot of gold…
Leslie Ching's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Path by Leslie Ching )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Untitled, Jervin Timothy
- The Photo, Kenneth Winstanley
- Really funny!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Daddy, Rimni chakravarty
- Colourless light contains all the colour.., Mohammad Siddiqui
- come on, laxami Cards
- Beloved God, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Beloved, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Life is beautiful, Mohammad Siddiqui
- Poetry: A Small Fighting Bulldog, Laijon Liu