There are some things
That everyone knows;
Like, for instance,
That “April showers bring May flowers”,
And that after a shower there’s always a rainbow,
And on that rainbow seven colours are painted,
And at the end of those colours is a pot of gold.
Everyone knows you can never reach the end of it.
You’re getting closer all the time.
Find your own
Deep rich reds
Loud tangy oranges
Carefree light yellows
Fresh crisp greens
Calm mellow blues
Quiet subtle violets
Delicate lilting indigoes.
And who knows?
At the very end
You just might find your very own shining pot of gold…
Leslie Ching's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Path by Leslie Ching )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- How Can I Fly, Ronjoy Brahma
- Epic Joshua Speed, Richard Thripp
- The Bounty Of Nature, Miethi Goswami
- MY GOOD HEART, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- White Port (revised), Jose Armando Guzman
- Ha Mai Ladki Hu..........., sonali kumari
- emaandari ya bemaani ya dil ka khot hai, Kamar Alam
- HOW CAN ONE ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF DUTY, Upendra Singh
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI