There are some things
That everyone knows;
Like, for instance,
That “April showers bring May flowers”,
And that after a shower there’s always a rainbow,
And on that rainbow seven colours are painted,
And at the end of those colours is a pot of gold.
Everyone knows you can never reach the end of it.
You’re getting closer all the time.
Find your own
Deep rich reds
Loud tangy oranges
Carefree light yellows
Fresh crisp greens
Calm mellow blues
Quiet subtle violets
Delicate lilting indigoes.
And who knows?
At the very end
You just might find your very own shining pot of gold…
Leslie Ching's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Path by Leslie Ching )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Dreamed Of A Language, mary douglas
- Snow Globe Vision Of La Belle Et La Bete, mary douglas
- Flower in snow, ramesh rai
- how to remember me, chip reed
- The Man Who Died, Lawrence Beck
- The Cantos, Nassy Fesharaki
- Passage From Trinidad, Angela Wybrow
- We are two Inharmonious Worlds as a Cry, Fatima Nusairat
- Adazeh Ador-Ishama's Horn, Tony Adah
- Stop and Think, Lylo Benant