There are some things
That everyone knows;
Like, for instance,
That “April showers bring May flowers”,
And that after a shower there’s always a rainbow,
And on that rainbow seven colours are painted,
And at the end of those colours is a pot of gold.
Everyone knows you can never reach the end of it.
You’re getting closer all the time.
Find your own
Deep rich reds
Loud tangy oranges
Carefree light yellows
Fresh crisp greens
Calm mellow blues
Quiet subtle violets
Delicate lilting indigoes.
And who knows?
At the very end
You just might find your very own shining pot of gold…
Leslie Ching's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life Path by Leslie Ching )
- Difficult to return, gajanan mishra
- Life Is, Andy Caldwell
- Amn't Gone!, Sir Toby
- There Is Nothing In Me, Shalom Freedman
- Just For You, Khairul Ahsan
- Only You, Sonya Annita Song
- Limerick.21. An Advice, Valsa George
- You are welcome, my dear Mother, gajanan mishra
- Not all you get, hasmukh amathalal
- Limerick.20. Snoring, Valsa George
Poem of the Day
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Orhan Veli Kanik
(13 April 1914 – 14 November 1950)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)