Already too late
Today's at its end
I thought I could do
What I intended to.
Present is like
A drop of water
On a lotus leaf
Difficult to handle.
The past slips by
Present it was then
I think of tomorrow
Hope I can finish all.
I wish time's a jug
That I could hold
Fill it with my wish list
And sip it at my own pace.
Every time I seem
To be in total control
It simply flows thru
Unseen cracks in place.
Relentless'll be my effort
Renewed'll be my attempts
With every failure I'll rise
Hope time'll be on my side.
I'll do what I can
I'll try all I can
If I accomplish a bit
I'll be happy with my life.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's Goal by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- My Friends (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Story of a postman, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Boy & his Lamb, narasanna n narasanna n
- Let Alone Me, Asma Riaz Khan
- The Unbearable, Lilly Emery
- My Childhood poem-3, soulful heart
- Nature Expresses Itself, Rohit Sapra
- I sold myself, Asma Riaz Khan
- Beauty, narasanna n narasanna n
- This Week's Spread, Jim Creston
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)