How does one measure a person's life's work?
Is it by the amount recorded in their bank book?
Is it by the volume or decibels of the applause?
Is it by the number of shouts of ohs and ahs?
Is it by the number of thanks that was said?
Is it by the amount of joy that they have spread?
Is it by how little they have had to regret?
Is it by how much they have had to sweat?
Is it by how much time they had spent?
Is it by how far they had went?
Is it by how many kilos or pounds they had schlepped?
Is it by how many people and animals they had helped?
Is it by how many others they had inspired?
Is it by how many friends and fans they acquired?
Is it by the amount of obstacles they had to overcome?
Is it by the amount of good they had done?
Is it by how much they gave rather than they took?
Is there really any way to measure a person's life's work?
(C) 2014 Copyright Elena Plotkin
Elena Plotkin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life's Work by Elena Plotkin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- AHMAD RAMI احمد رامي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Privacy Lost, Morgan Michaels
- Walking alone in your memories, Asma Riaz Khan
- No Free Lunch, Bill Cantrell
- A True Hosanna - After Reading A Poem by.., Warren Falcon
- Fight and War for Why?, Pintu Mahakul
- Life, Richard Lam
- From Dust To Dust, Neela Nath
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- The Sisters Jayne, Randy McClave