A bright light
Where is it coming from?
It’s making me lose sight
What is this light?
It’s blinding me more
Is it coming towards me?
Where was I before?
Before I’ve seen this light
It’s hard to tell
Was I asleep?
What can I pull from this well?
This well of thought in my mind
Am I dead?
Did I pass on?
Was I quiet in bed?
Did I drift from Earth?
I feel a tap
“Who’s there? ” I say.
I turned but only a gap
I hear something
Could it be?
“Come my son,
Come home with me”
Where have I heard it before?
At my work, at my school?
At my church, at the store?
I know now
I heard it in prayer
The voice would talk
As if it came from thin air
I know who it is
It is God
Am I with him now?
I gave him a nod
Suddenly, the ground shook
I heard something open
What was now open to me?
I decided to walk in
I couldn’t believe
This land that I saw
The sights that I see
I stood struck with awe
This land is indescribable
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Light by Jacob Bland )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Our Life and Four Seasons, Vasco M. Resendes
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)