Shania K. Younce
My light be my delight.
As beauty tis a gray.
A strange light in day.
When time doth breaks away.
The lighted table light.
The lighted candle light tis bright.
My dream of light is to come a day.
A lighted path of delight.
As marvelous sight is creeping light.
When lighted holly-hawks come play.
The light did bide for time.
The today thus far an end.
My reckon delight be light.
As a strange night light.
A guide to me it is come.
When a time is fitted and lighted come.
The arrow brightly lit.
The corner stone tis tapped to glow.
My light be as delight.
As beauty tis to come to grow.
A strange time grew gray.
When doth time did break it-self to dawn away.
Shania K. Younce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem ('Light Delight' by Shania K. Younce )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- We Want Democracy, Now., Norman Jin Shyr Wang
- Cantus lacrimosus, Angell Afinowi
- Rest My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- Life's like a compote of the desserts, Mark Heathcote
- I fade away into the light, Anu Shraddha
- Neo-Classic Tasweer/Hindi/Urdu, Aftab Alam
- The awkward Moment, Angell Afinowi
- Loo Prints, Phil Soar
- Listen, Mariam de Haan
- Walking home Afterwards, Angell Afinowi