Light of Day
The sunset is fading into the mountain as I look into the eyes of my forever lover.
My heart is in a fray. I don’t want to leave any words unspoken. I don’t want to let him know that I must leave and never return. I can’t let him know I must break his heart, in order for us to be free.
I hear the rushing water and my father’s sharp cry for me to come. I know it is too late now for my love. I looked to my weeping heart for help.
The sunset is fading and turning into the night. I shed tears knowing the blissful feeling of our love is over. My lover please I beg you to never leave me. To never forgot me as the time goes by. Please never forget my love for you or our happiest moments together.
Goodbye. I never meant to hurt you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Light of Day by Cassidy Hartwig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Fa.., Joseph Green
- Field of July, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ode to My Bathroom Mirror at 6: 13 in th.., Joseph Green
- Sunlight Playing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Medina (Urdu poem with translation), Akhtar Jawad
- An Emptiness Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Autumnal Equinox, Weymouth Bay, Captain Cur
- <<<<<Hope, Abdul Wahab
- Devil Inside, Shane Labreche
- Fragmented Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak