Like birth and death
Birth brings happiness.
Parents bring happiness.
Brothers and sisters too.
So do wife and children.
Their exit one by one
Brings you much suffering.
Your death looms with suffering.
Your enemy brings suffering.
Your rivals cause suffering.
Usurpers and thieves too.
So do the wicked and cheats.
Their exit brings happiness.
Accept happiness and suffering
As you accept your birth and death.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like birth and death by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison
- you know who you are, Clara Keiper
- Corners Of A Storm, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Visibly appar, hasmukh amathalal
- Love's Journey, Savita Tyagi