Like birth and death
Birth brings happiness.
Parents bring happiness.
Brothers and sisters too.
So do wife and children.
Their exit one by one
Brings you much suffering.
Your death looms with suffering.
Your enemy brings suffering.
Your rivals cause suffering.
Usurpers and thieves too.
So do the wicked and cheats.
Their exit brings happiness.
Accept happiness and suffering
As you accept your birth and death.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like birth and death by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Boy O' Dreams, Helen Hay Whitney
- Does the Pearl Know?, Helen Hay Whitney
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney
- The gift of sight, Laxman Rao
- For some time, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona