Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo
Like The Early Morning Rising Trees
Once upon a journey I took on
But the road bent into streams
A dream I used to dream
And the clouds fade into the Sun.
Where are we heading?
This beginning seem like the ending
And on one morning, I was up
I took my bath in the nightfall leaves
And got high on the cold evening breeze
Yet again, another morning, I was up.
Why are we still here?
It seems so far and yet so near
Little rain, little wind, little sunshine
Every other perfect night
I give it another try, I give it a fight
Little frown, little smile, I grasp to shine.
Where have we reached?
Even at the start, it seems we finished
So much I got deeper in my lost,
In this gray world, which growls fast by
And each passing try, time passes by
Yet another dream bursts into frost.
Are we so totally free?
Like the early morning rising trees
Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like The Early Morning Rising Trees by Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Man I Met, Buxton Shippy
- The Penance Of Unguarded Selfishness., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Plants Hurt, Naveed Akram
- My love for my birth land, binod bastola
- Critically Evaluating…Lois Lerner's 'Tru.., James B. Earley
- My wondrous dream, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Hues of Green, Joy Cordwell
- FOR ALL BELIEVERS, Tom Zart
- Sibling Oath, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- one hundred and twenty two miles, days, .., Mandolyn ...