Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo
Like The Early Morning Rising Trees
Once upon a journey I took on
But the road bent into streams
A dream I used to dream
And the clouds fade into the Sun.
Where are we heading?
This beginning seem like the ending
And on one morning, I was up
I took my bath in the nightfall leaves
And got high on the cold evening breeze
Yet again, another morning, I was up.
Why are we still here?
It seems so far and yet so near
Little rain, little wind, little sunshine
Every other perfect night
I give it another try, I give it a fight
Little frown, little smile, I grasp to shine.
Where have we reached?
Even at the start, it seems we finished
So much I got deeper in my lost,
In this gray world, which growls fast by
And each passing try, time passes by
Yet another dream bursts into frost.
Are we so totally free?
Like the early morning rising trees
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like The Early Morning Rising Trees by Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Poem of the Day
- Meelo paidal chalkar tumko, tumse milwan.., VIJAY SINGH BHADORIYA
- Secretly Loving You, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Alone..., Alesia Leach
- Hunger is Here, Angell Afinowi
- Commencement of Spring, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo