Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo
Like The Early Morning Rising Trees
Once upon a journey I took on
But the road bent into streams
A dream I used to dream
And the clouds fade into the Sun.
Where are we heading?
This beginning seem like the ending
And on one morning, I was up
I took my bath in the nightfall leaves
And got high on the cold evening breeze
Yet again, another morning, I was up.
Why are we still here?
It seems so far and yet so near
Little rain, little wind, little sunshine
Every other perfect night
I give it another try, I give it a fight
Little frown, little smile, I grasp to shine.
Where have we reached?
Even at the start, it seems we finished
So much I got deeper in my lost,
In this gray world, which growls fast by
And each passing try, time passes by
Yet another dream bursts into frost.
Are we so totally free?
Like the early morning rising trees
Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Like The Early Morning Rising Trees by Olaleye Azeem Oladipupo )
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
- A Cat Is Always A Cat, Edward Kofi Louis
- Before and After, Aftab Alam
- Like The End Of A Prayer, Edward Kofi Louis
- The Burning Costs of Life, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)