Limerick: Once Cute Pute In Gay Paris Called Miel
Once Cute Pute* in Gay Paris called Miel*
Plied her trade around a Ferris Wheel
Rode them roller coaster
Spun them on wheel later
Got lush cut on fines for police squeal! *
• Pute: stands for “prostitute” in French
• Miel: for “honey” in French
• A new French Bill, dated December 7,2011,
proposes the fining of prostitutes’ clients. French law,
by and large, tolerates the profession, even if overt
solicitation, procuring, and prostitution of minors
IS NOT. According to French law, sexual maturity
is recognised at 15, but for prostitutes 18 is the
legitimate age. Prison sentences range from 2 to 7
for related offences, and fines can run up to €100,000.
© T. Wignesan – Paris,2013
Poet Other Poems
- A bare afternoon
- A Childhood Memory, Translation Of Carlo...
- A Chinese Girl I Took To A Nunnery
- A cure for forty death-dealing cells
- A French Narrative Poem, Translation Of ...
- A New View, Translation Of Carlos Bouson...
- A Partisan Heart, Translation of Carlos ...
- A reluctant Sayonara
- Akbar, the Great (1542 - 1605)
- Am I the Assassin Or The Undertaker
- Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos ...
- Autumnal Dirge, Transl. Of Chanson D'aut...
- Back Door Side Door Front Door: Which Do...
- Ballad: Just Another Odd Guy
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.