Terence G. Craddock
Limited Suffix Finances Warns Limited Liability
sneaky term PLC was introduced
in 1974 to take out identity suffix Ltd
as prior to 1974 giveaway Limited
warned investors of liability limited
better to hide this term rephrased
even red flag 'public limited company'
PLC can be misplaced hidden identity
here is a snare some public limited
companies our mostly nationalised
concerns can be invisible incorporated
under special legislation stamp applied
escape hole makes companies exempted
from bearing any giveaway identifying suffixes
cross trade Atlantic a PLC becomes a PTC ploy
yes a stiff British PLC 'public limited company'
in the United States has a different name honey
a PTC 'publicly traded companies' investment toy
Terence G. Craddock's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Written in July 2014 on the 25.7.2014.
Split image from the poem 'Investing In Banks Or Companies Beware' by Terence George Craddock.
Comments about this poem (Limited Suffix Finances Warns Limited Liability by Terence G. Craddock )
- " Change " it's our aspiration!, sisirachandra vaduge
- Women, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Desire, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I Love You, Melika Gillard
- Firaq yar ko dagha..., Azhar Sabri
- Save Mother!, tolu ogundare
- சின்னச் சின்ன பையா வா!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Infinite journey., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Feelings Unfelt, RUBAB ATWAL
- Dear person, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- My Teacher, My Hero, Geneen Alyssa Meyers
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(1552 - 13 January 1599)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)