Lines Written On A Starless Night
The starless night is full of broken dreams,
Of unsung heroes and funeral hymns.
The sea is bereft of its blue-like grace,
Shadowed by the moon's grey and gloomy face;
By sounds of dead souls trapped in hades deep.
Their broken voices drive courage to sleep.
For the angel of hell is out to play,
Their joyless laughter keeps the light at bay,
And it drives mad any man of woman born,
Leaving the damed spirit dreary at dawn.
The haunted wave rises and falls with rage;
With dead and drown sailors of different age.
Floating all around on a starless night;
A nightmare creeping deep into my sight.
okoye charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines Written On A Starless Night by okoye charles )
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul
- Empty Skies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- wholesome girl, Brit Thompson