Lines Written On A Starless Night
The starless night is full of broken dreams,
Of unsung heroes and funeral hymns.
The sea is bereft of its blue-like grace,
Shadowed by the moon's grey and gloomy face;
By sounds of dead souls trapped in hades deep.
Their broken voices drive courage to sleep.
For the angel of hell is out to play,
Their joyless laughter keeps the light at bay,
And it drives mad any man of woman born,
Leaving the damed spirit dreary at dawn.
The haunted wave rises and falls with rage;
With dead and drown sailors of different age.
Floating all around on a starless night;
A nightmare creeping deep into my sight.
okoye charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines Written On A Starless Night by okoye charles )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Heat in the Rain, CHIYTWO OLA
- WOMEN ARE MYSTERIES, Philo Yan
- A mother's milk, gajanan mishra
- They could feel, Nassy Fesharaki
- How Oswald Dined with God, Edwin Markham
- mashumiyet, anikesh wats
- Whatever you want to do, gajanan mishra
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma