Lines Written On A Starless Night
The starless night is full of broken dreams,
Of unsung heroes and funeral hymns.
The sea is bereft of its blue-like grace,
Shadowed by the moon's grey and gloomy face;
By sounds of dead souls trapped in hades deep.
Their broken voices drive courage to sleep.
For the angel of hell is out to play,
Their joyless laughter keeps the light at bay,
And it drives mad any man of woman born,
Leaving the damed spirit dreary at dawn.
The haunted wave rises and falls with rage;
With dead and drown sailors of different age.
Floating all around on a starless night;
A nightmare creeping deep into my sight.
okoye charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines Written On A Starless Night by okoye charles )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Do what is fair, gajanan mishra
- Be aware of rules, gajanan mishra
- Sand, Joey Jones
- Variations, Kewayne Wadley
- T, Vinaya Joseph
- माँ गंगा Maan Ganga (Hindi), S.D. TIWARI
- Blessings, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- A Happy Poet, REALLY?, Sandra Feldman
- Each Day I Live a Life and Die!, Monk E. Biz
- If Compassion were in Fashion! (Nudity), Monk E. Biz