Lines Written On A Starless Night
The starless night is full of broken dreams,
Of unsung heroes and funeral hymns.
The sea is bereft of its blue-like grace,
Shadowed by the moon's grey and gloomy face;
By sounds of dead souls trapped in hades deep.
Their broken voices drive courage to sleep.
For the angel of hell is out to play,
Their joyless laughter keeps the light at bay,
And it drives mad any man of woman born,
Leaving the damed spirit dreary at dawn.
The haunted wave rises and falls with rage;
With dead and drown sailors of different age.
Floating all around on a starless night;
A nightmare creeping deep into my sight.
okoye charles's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lines Written On A Starless Night by okoye charles )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 6, john chizoba vincent
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 5, john chizoba vincent
- Let me ask you, Sagarika Julka
- Sunset Point, Neela Nath
- Time To Rise, Maverick Jones