Listen My Children
There is a voice
It calls your name
Listen each time it calls
For it calls loud without shame.
Some may call it the future
Some may say just look ahead
But regardless of its location
Its what God has chosen to embed.
Maybe you're being called doctor
Maybe you're addressed as a lawyer
You may not yet have a title
Get your gift God has given for you.
Listen My Children to philosophies of life
Listen I know you hear your name
Its dignity, hope and new heights calling
Answer for no two lives are great the same.
Listen Children Listen!
I see your name coming through
Its in your walk and your achievements
You've found what God chosen for you to do.
And just in case you feel you've missed your mark
Just a little faith and belief will see you through
Proudly step forward into a new beginning
For no one has your assignment but you.
Listen My Children Listen
Yes, to the old and to the young
For no mans journey is completed
Until God's works in you are done.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen My Children by Cecelia Weir )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- THAT HUGE BLACKOUT, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- What The World Told, Adeosun Olamide
- Pebble, The Astronomer
- This World, Spiritwind Wood
- With Pride We Remain, Spiritwind Wood
- The Perversion of Christian Ideals, Brian Johnston
- Giver Of Light, Spiritwind Wood
- spinach makes me teeth feel chalky, Mandolyn ...
- Ode to knickers, Ruth Walters
- This Really Blows My Mind, Electric Lady