Listen My Children
There is a voice
It calls your name
Listen each time it calls
For it calls loud without shame.
Some may call it the future
Some may say just look ahead
But regardless of its location
Its what God has chosen to embed.
Maybe you're being called doctor
Maybe you're addressed as a lawyer
You may not yet have a title
Get your gift God has given for you.
Listen My Children to philosophies of life
Listen I know you hear your name
Its dignity, hope and new heights calling
Answer for no two lives are great the same.
Listen Children Listen!
I see your name coming through
Its in your walk and your achievements
You've found what God chosen for you to do.
And just in case you feel you've missed your mark
Just a little faith and belief will see you through
Proudly step forward into a new beginning
For no one has your assignment but you.
Listen My Children Listen
Yes, to the old and to the young
For no mans journey is completed
Until God's works in you are done.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listen My Children by Cecelia Weir )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Deepavu Ninnade.. Gaaliyu Ninnade.., K. S. Narasimhaswamy
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Romantic Heroine, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Theatre of The Absurd (III), Bijay Kant Dubey
- On My Songs, Luo Zhihai
- There Is A Time When One Forces Oneself .., Shalom Freedman
- Lament to the Full Moon, Geoffrey Fafard
- Roach Talk, Ima Ryma
- Haiku A Butterfly By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- MERCY OUR COVALENCY REMAINS WITH BUOYANCY, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Haiku A Wizened Rose By Sophy Chen, Sophy Chen
- A Cleaner World, Luis Estable