RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Listening To Whispers
Trudging quickly through fields of bluened flowers,
sending me into gates of heavenly aromas, as I feel
lifted spiritually into realms of existent prayer,
soulfully being elated with a joy not of this earth.
Trying on all avenues of beauty to find one that fits
my mood of undelectable sorrow.
Judging from minors of yesterday, I calmly reminisce
of those times that no longer fit me.
Sojournly finding pathways, leading me farther into
deepened ebony forests.
Hiding me forever beneath dead leaves and branches of
eternal rest in death.
Covering me at last so I may disappear and never be
Listening to whispers beyond what I can hear on earth
now and forevermore.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Listening To Whispers by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)