Little Baby & God
Little baby, I love you
For you are a part of me
Each and every inch you’ll grow
I want to be there to see.
Someday you’ll chase fireflies
Who ride the breath of the winds.
Someday you'll be all grown up
And out on the town with friends.
You have your daddy 's freckles
You've got your mommy's eyes.
I pray to God every day
You’ll survive all of life's lies.
Little babies shoot up fast
As they need to stretch and grow.
They do such things as children do
In a world they’ve yet to know.
Someday you will understand
How your parents feel inside
Someday you’ll have your babies
And raise them with great pride.
Of all the gifts that life may bring
A sweet baby is still the best.
Your mom and I shall love you
Till the day we're laid to rest.
Every baby will be tested by time, faith and evil,
Stress, war, storms, failure, heartbreak and disease.
Life’s disappointments never mean God doesn’t love us
As the hardships of Earth bring believers to their knees.
Tom Zart's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
By God's Poet
Most Published Poet
On The Web!
THANK YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE IN YOUR HEART = tom!
Comments about this poem (Little Baby & God by Tom Zart )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)