Little Dill Pickles.... [Food; Nature; Imagination; Personal]
I just grabbed a long-handled spoon.....
to scoop little pickles from a jar.
While looking at them swimming in jar's brine,
I had a thought I thought was bizarre.
Once in Georgia at a big swamp's edge,
an alligator in a ditch I taunted.
Tonight those pickles WERE alligators..... I pledge!
Well NOT really, but there was resemblance.
I imagined looking down at a pool of ‘gators,
with no heads, nor legs, nor tips of tail.
[as penguins resemble tuxedoed-waiters]
My imagination as yet does not fail !
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
yes, i confess to shaking a leafy branch in the face of a medium-sized 'gator near Okeefenokee Swamp (spelling? ?) when visiting there with my brother Terry (1970s) . neither the 'gator nor i were injured; at least not physically. he/she may have been damaged psychologically.
Comments about this poem (Little Dill Pickles.... [Food; Nature; Imagination; Personal] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- LONE LADY, vidyut chakraborty
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)