It seems am in love.
In love with a strong powerless entity.
It's name as given to her by her mother, is tree.
I want to lay my beds beside these Trees.
It is the only bride I sought and long after at present.
Its embrace of waves purifies my body and soul of its dirt.
The only abode these trees seem to be safe and pleased with, is the dark.
See how they stand tall among us!
Yet the only power they have over us is the beauty of their height.
We seem to send them into the abyss when we come near it with our zig zag knives.
I want to sleep among you,
but am so brave and curious to run away from the unseen one.
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Mighty by Kolade Seun )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Bat 'Bleep', Ima Ryma
- The Path, Aalok Sensharma
- Invitation, Aalok Sensharma
- For Kira, Michael McParland
- LET US FIND OUT, ROCHISH MON
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael McParland
- Borrowing from a dream, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Intense Videos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cherishing Small Things, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- As I love you, Ruma Chaudhuri