It seems am in love.
In love with a strong powerless entity.
It's name as given to her by her mother, is tree.
I want to lay my beds beside these Trees.
It is the only bride I sought and long after at present.
Its embrace of waves purifies my body and soul of its dirt.
The only abode these trees seem to be safe and pleased with, is the dark.
See how they stand tall among us!
Yet the only power they have over us is the beauty of their height.
We seem to send them into the abyss when we come near it with our zig zag knives.
I want to sleep among you,
but am so brave and curious to run away from the unseen one.
Kolade Seun's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Mighty by Kolade Seun )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Night Thought, William Wordsworth
- Inspiration, Henry David Thoreau
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Always well, hasmukh amathalal
- Poem N1, Kristian Djordjanov
- You're So Amazing, Tondana Fatimah Seebaway
- Sans struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Oranges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Emperor Of Clouds, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The sequitur, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Guitars Whose Chords Move, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Missing Man of Indian English Poetry.., Bijay Kant Dubey