Runita R Menezes
Little Things Matter Much (New)
It’s the small droplets of water
That can a vast ocean form
It’s the tiny gentle breezes,
That can become a raging storm.
It’s the mere acts of bravery
That can a war win
It’s the small acts of lying
That’s part of a mortal sin.
It’s an unimportant day
That makes up an entire year
And unexplained hurt and sorrow
Are transformed into an aching tear
It’s the unaccountable seconds
That form the hands of time
And its cleverly syncronised words
That make up a heart warming rhyme.
It’s the multiple acts of kindness
That help live a fulfilling life
But unrelenting hate and bitterness
Can cause unnecessary strife
For intense exhilarations begin
With just a simple smile
And small deeds of appreciation
Do make life worthwhile.
It’s the hope that God in the darkest hour
Will the faintest prayer still heed
It’s the knowledge that satisfaction can be found
In doing a random kind deed
For eventually, happiness cannot be measured
In materialistic things and such
It can be found only in small instances
Coz it’s the LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER MUCH.
Runita R Menezes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Things Matter Much (New) by Runita R Menezes )
- Birthday, bryan wallace
- My Jason Lytle Suggestion, Mark R. Elias
- Poetic Aspirations, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Nappy Change, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Holding Closely, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Rock an' Roller, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- Living With An Open Heart, Renee Marie
- Love Burns, Angela K Brown
- Broken Love, Angela K Brown
- All of Me, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)