Lawrence S. Pertillar
Living Flawless Lives
Those in positions of leadership,
Finding time to apologize...
For acts of temptations,
In the hopes to restore their blemished reputations.
With a resetting of them to have people believe,
That being human has been their biggest mistake.
And this has brought into their lives tremendous grief!
That has become too unbearable from them to release.
That is unfortunate to hear and have revealed,
For those among the self righteous...
Who have come to feel about themselves,
Better off if their own discretions were kept concealed.
With a knowing this appeals to those living flawless lives!
'How dare they remind others of their human qualities.
How disgusting and appalling these times have become.
Soon it will become fashionable to admit one has sinned.
And have lived lives secretly beset by temptation and filth.
Why can't they be quiet and live in denial like the rest of us? '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Living Flawless Lives by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Nigeria I Hail Thee, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- Her Smile, Tega Akpomraphiphe
- ©Getting Over You, Bandile Matsenjwa
- Lost and Found (one f word at the end), Anthony Di'anno
- raining in scotland, ko the skipper
- THE BLACK MAN WITH A KNIFE, johnny case
- I don't know if I know me, Logan Fulk
- Frustration, courtney metcalf
- WE ARE HERE, Christina Sunrise
- Your love, Mark Heathcote