Lone Pearl Lost Somewhere
Today I am with you,
Tomorrow I would go,
Searching for my life,
I will miss you though...
I would walk on forever,
Never wishing to turn,
Crossing the thorns,
Striding fast to learn...
Searching for my success,
Stepping for my goals,
Comfort left behind,
Shoes with torn soles...
After kissing my destination,
I would turn back my gaze,
Thinking what all I lost,
During accomplishment of life's maze...
Tears of unhappiness,
Would quietly sparkle in my eye,
While searching for my successes,
Why I left you to cry...
Then I would see,
Whatever I achieved diffusing in thin air,
Because my lone pearl,
Was lost long back somewhere...
Ankur Thakur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
(earlier in India, child marriage was practised)
This is a tale, where a man has got a government job at some far off place.
He is leaving his 16 year old wife all alone in his village and going alone.
After passing few months he realises that his better half is better than far-off job...
LOVE IS PREFERED TO EVERYTHING.
Comments about this poem (Lone Pearl Lost Somewhere by Ankur Thakur )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Fragment, Oscar Wilde
- Madhushala, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett