A lone drop that grazed,
I stared, unfazed,
The last train had left,
Only water surrounds me.
The way a mother looks,
At her beloved child,
Was the way I gazed at you,
You were lost into the world.
The waves bared their fangs,
Wet shiny sand,
I did not heed the cries,
Those arise, and arise.
The starlit sky, deep in my womb,
Just will not cry, for fear of doom,
Like a lost handkerchief, on the bench,
That flew away, with newfound wings.
I gathered pebbles, on my way,
Caressed them, and hoped they would stay,
The leaves all fell down, one by one,
T’was a dark rainy day,
And I never saw the Sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely by Shruti Goswami )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.