A lone drop that grazed,
I stared, unfazed,
The last train had left,
Only water surrounds me.
The way a mother looks,
At her beloved child,
Was the way I gazed at you,
You were lost into the world.
The waves bared their fangs,
Wet shiny sand,
I did not heed the cries,
Those arise, and arise.
The starlit sky, deep in my womb,
Just will not cry, for fear of doom,
Like a lost handkerchief, on the bench,
That flew away, with newfound wings.
I gathered pebbles, on my way,
Caressed them, and hoped they would stay,
The leaves all fell down, one by one,
T’was a dark rainy day,
And I never saw the Sun.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely by Shruti Goswami )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Says he was in Falluja, Gouda Moon
- Labyrinth of Ghost, Aftab Alam
- Waiting for unknown, sultan mahmud
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman