Lindemberg Pereira da Silva
'Lonely Lover On The Sea'
'E como em noites de Itália
Ama um canto o pescador
Bebe a harmonia em teus cantos
O Gondoleiro do amor'
The wind blows, blows, blows...
my lonely boat -
through the stormy waves,
on this lonely sea.
The water flows, flows, flows...
leading me to the place -
where my boat,
will be safe.
Sad is the night
When I sing a romantic song -
waiting to come the light,
bringing the morning.
No flowers near to me -
The poem that flows...
is so lonely.
Inside my heart your love grows, grows, grows...
I know when it ends...
But I don't know when it starts.
Feels like: 'Lonely Lover On The Sea.'
Take my company
Feels like near to your heart -
'Cause you are my everything,
My everything without you is nothing.
Lying in my arms
I'd sing for you all the night -
Staring all the stars in the sky,
Tasting the kiss from your sweet lips.
Far from my eyes I can see
The earth where I will depart -
Never hoping from you to be apart,
While all this love to last.
(*) Castro Alves was the one of the most important
poet from Brazilian Literature.He was born in Bahia,
and as a black person and poet, he fought for the
freedom for the black people when they were still
slaveries in the brazilian society.This quotation from
his poem means: 'As in Italy's Nights, love one song
the fisherman, drink the harmony in your love, the love's
poet.'He was known in the brazilian literature as 'The
Poet of the Love.'
Lindemberg Pereira da Silva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Lonely Lover On The Sea' by Lindemberg Pereira da Silva )
- This materialistic world هذا العالم المادي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- My dream (Naani Poetry), Jesus James Llorico
- The Long March, Malek Haddad
- Silence Seeping, Dylan Attard
- Pag-ibig, Jesus James Llorico
- My World is Falling Apart, Mark Ramirez
- A Long Time Ago at The Honey Hut, Dylan Attard
- 21 (It's Been A While), Dylan Attard
- The Prodigal Son (An Old Tale Revisited), Daniel Brick
- There are people هناك اناس, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)