Lindemberg Pereira da Silva
'Lonely Lover On The Sea'
'E como em noites de Itália
Ama um canto o pescador
Bebe a harmonia em teus cantos
O Gondoleiro do amor'
The wind blows, blows, blows...
my lonely boat -
through the stormy waves,
on this lonely sea.
The water flows, flows, flows...
leading me to the place -
where my boat,
will be safe.
Sad is the night
When I sing a romantic song -
waiting to come the light,
bringing the morning.
No flowers near to me -
The poem that flows...
is so lonely.
Inside my heart your love grows, grows, grows...
I know when it ends...
But I don't know when it starts.
Feels like: 'Lonely Lover On The Sea.'
Take my company
Feels like near to your heart -
'Cause you are my everything,
My everything without you is nothing.
Lying in my arms
I'd sing for you all the night -
Staring all the stars in the sky,
Tasting the kiss from your sweet lips.
Far from my eyes I can see
The earth where I will depart -
Never hoping from you to be apart,
While all this love to last.
(*) Castro Alves was the one of the most important
poet from Brazilian Literature.He was born in Bahia,
and as a black person and poet, he fought for the
freedom for the black people when they were still
slaveries in the brazilian society.This quotation from
his poem means: 'As in Italy's Nights, love one song
the fisherman, drink the harmony in your love, the love's
poet.'He was known in the brazilian literature as 'The
Poet of the Love.'
Lindemberg Pereira da Silva's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Lonely Lover On The Sea' by Lindemberg Pereira da Silva )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns