There was a tree,
a very lonesome tree,
for he had not a friend,
to pretent with and to play with.
Then one day came along a swing,
who wrapped himelf around the tree,
the swing started to sway and play,
the tree was happy for he had a friend.
The tree began to sway and play along with the swing,
along came a child who sat upon the swing,
the swing broke and the child left,
and the tree was alone once again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Lonesome Tree by Linda Beach )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- BARAS-BARAS MEGHA RE, Upendra Singh
- I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AROUND, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Changing Emotion (revised II), Heather burns
- NAUKAREE, Upendra Singh
- Wise people should not become friendly w.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Nothing is to be done, gajanan mishra
- Whom Life Has Injured, David Harris
- Democracy has reached in wildelife, Upendra Singh
- weeds, lee fones
- Neither action, gajanan mishra