Dr John Celes
Long Live Anna and Indian Democracy!
‘The passing of the bill
will prove that people’s will
Can make the nation ill
To climb corruption’s hill! ’
Anna has won through his marathon fast
A spectacular victory for all;
His Lokpal Bill has finally been passed;
Fast will be off; He set rolling the ball!
All MP’s also performed well their part;
They showed the world that Parliament’s supreme;
The people’s needs were paramount in heart;
They worked to realise the people’s dream!
The Anna Team had done too fine a job;
They helped Hazare all ways through his fast;
They were well encouraged by huge a mob;
They worked in harmony until the last!
The Resolution Anna asked had come;
The Anti-corruption bill will make it;
The happy end’’s more than hearty welcome;
The fast had become terrific a hit!
The war on Corruption is just begun;
’Tis the beginning of a struggle long;
The struggle long ought to always go on;
The country men can sing a happy song!
Long live the sacrifice of Hazare!
The aged man is hero without doubt;
The Anna Team has become bright thare;
On day twelve, they managed to win the bout!
The support ends the battle just for now;
A lot of things are to be done henceforth;
All showed their unity and country’s love;
The Bill will change the future giving mirth!
Long live Anna Hazare! Long live Indian Democracy!
Copyright By Dr John Celes 27-08-11
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Long Live Anna and Indian Democracy! by Dr John Celes )
- LIMERICK FRIENDS, Philo Yan
- Wine and Heart, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Sun Doth Shine, Tango Tango
- Alive, Leong Ming Loong
- Poems proclaim, Mark Heathcote
- My Battle Ground, Emily Krauss
- Whatcha Doing, Emily Krauss
- More And More Sheila And Clifford ..... .., Bri Edwards
- Ends, douglas scotney
- To Wait On A Woman, Randy McClave
Poem of the Day
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(22 March 1941 -)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)