Dr John Celes
Long Live Anna and Indian Democracy!
‘The passing of the bill
will prove that people’s will
Can make the nation ill
To climb corruption’s hill! ’
Anna has won through his marathon fast
A spectacular victory for all;
His Lokpal Bill has finally been passed;
Fast will be off; He set rolling the ball!
All MP’s also performed well their part;
They showed the world that Parliament’s supreme;
The people’s needs were paramount in heart;
They worked to realise the people’s dream!
The Anna Team had done too fine a job;
They helped Hazare all ways through his fast;
They were well encouraged by huge a mob;
They worked in harmony until the last!
The Resolution Anna asked had come;
The Anti-corruption bill will make it;
The happy end’’s more than hearty welcome;
The fast had become terrific a hit!
The war on Corruption is just begun;
’Tis the beginning of a struggle long;
The struggle long ought to always go on;
The country men can sing a happy song!
Long live the sacrifice of Hazare!
The aged man is hero without doubt;
The Anna Team has become bright thare;
On day twelve, they managed to win the bout!
The support ends the battle just for now;
A lot of things are to be done henceforth;
All showed their unity and country’s love;
The Bill will change the future giving mirth!
Long live Anna Hazare! Long live Indian Democracy!
Copyright By Dr John Celes 27-08-11
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Long Live Anna and Indian Democracy! by Dr John Celes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Internet Poets, Without Pen & Paper & Th.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works, C Jay Caputo
- The CPI(M) Should Not Talk of Himan Rig.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Rain Cries Zeiden, Ghost Kitty
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra