Eliza Elaine Lim
Longing for school days
I really hate the wideness of the Pacific Ocean.
Because I always remember how far you are from me.
I can only call you but the caller tone seemed too long.
It's good to hear your voice but I'm still drowning in Dead Sea.
Days have passed and a page was left empty and too boring.
I don't have the courage to write on it, unless I'm with you.
'cause when I'm with you, the black ink has been so colorful.
No one can see that, just the two of us, TWO OF US.
I miss the wet season and yet the gleeful sound of rain
Playing and running in the rain like being a rascal.
Now, in this very hot summer,
I'm slowly burning down.
I can't afford waiting to see and feel the rain, again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Longing for school days by Eliza Elaine Lim )
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Mind Over Matter (Scream), Joseph Archer
- Jesus among Us, michael hagwood
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai