Eliza Elaine Lim
Longing for school days
I really hate the wideness of the Pacific Ocean.
Because I always remember how far you are from me.
I can only call you but the caller tone seemed too long.
It's good to hear your voice but I'm still drowning in Dead Sea.
Days have passed and a page was left empty and too boring.
I don't have the courage to write on it, unless I'm with you.
'cause when I'm with you, the black ink has been so colorful.
No one can see that, just the two of us, TWO OF US.
I miss the wet season and yet the gleeful sound of rain
Playing and running in the rain like being a rascal.
Now, in this very hot summer,
I'm slowly burning down.
I can't afford waiting to see and feel the rain, again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Longing for school days by Eliza Elaine Lim )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- He is a Soldier, yashassvi periwal
- Our Awesome God, Dr John Celes
- Sonnet: Trust in God, Dr John Celes
- Cabaret Dancer, Bijay Kant Dubey
- You Made That Child, Ronell Warren Alman
- I'd rather be, Monica Lanier
- An Art By Heart, Rasel Khan
- Fighting on..., David Lessard
- Simile, Monica Lanier
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier