Longing For The 'Mother'!
humanity's problems with distance and seperation,
are to a large degree due to the shift in ancient
times from a matriarchal society, to a patriarchal
in doing so we lost the intimate connection between
the child and the mother... the senses of gentleness,
tenderness, sensuality, and awe... we lost the sense
as a patriarchal society, we react to feelings we cant
control by declaring war, by invading, by conquering.
our built in insecurities cause us to take, to violently
take, and yet to never be filled.
our god becomes as violent, and judgemental, as our
we search for wisdom in building, acquiring, all the while
pounding our chests... but our chests are empty!
the longing and the lostness we feel is for the 'mother'...
the god that has intimate conversations with trees is lost!
the god that is wind is feared...
and so we fear death!
Eric Cockrell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Longing For The 'Mother'! by Eric Cockrell )
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Precious Corral Of your Heart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The son's gratitude, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love all ones is a myth., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mixture Of Interior Knowledge, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Like normal man, hasmukh amathalal
- ~The Place Where Dreams Die~, E Nigma
- They all, hasmukh amathalal
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)