TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY
Longing For You
Spring is approaching
with endless skies of blue,
and more than ever
I long to be with you.
Soon the rose bushes
will set the garden ablaze,
and the daffodils will bear
Each beautiful day will end
only to be followed by
but this yearning inside,
will never grow old.
I'll gaze up at the
silvery stars each night
and pretend you're here
that I can kiss you
and hold you tight.
You're a living dream,
a wish come true,
and though we're apart,
I vow that my heart
will ever be true.
I'll always cherish,
and need you.
And each dawn that I
the grass rich with
I'll think of you,
and my heart will overflow
with love that belongs
only to you.
TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Longing For You by TIJANI ADEBOWALE DESTINY )
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
- Ah, me!, Frank Avon
- The man and the mirror, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Restive journey away from home, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Paralysis Agitans, Steve Lang
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Suryakant Tripathi 'Nirala'
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)