Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Look Around and In the Skies
They could leave one million dollars,
At my doorstep.
Believing I'd accept!
But for them I have no respect at all.
I have no respect for those
Who make others suffer and crawl.
I have no respect for those who have neglected
Other human beings.
To have them be demeaned in public scenes.
I have no respect for them or their evil deeds!
And I am not alone...
There are 'spiritual deities' who too aren't pleased.
And they have arrived...
To end deceit and lies!
Look around and in the skies.
And they are not in disguise!
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.