Kalidasa (4th Century - 5th Century / Ujjain / India)
Look To This Day
Look to this day:
For it is life, the very life of life.
In its brief course
Lie all the verities and realities of your existence.
The bliss of growth,
The glory of action,
The splendour of achievement
Are but experiences of time.
For yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision;
And today well-lived, makes
Yesterday a dream of happiness
And every tomorrow a vision of hope.
Look well therefore to this day;
Such is the salutation to the ever-new dawn!
Poet Other Poems
- Look To This Day
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 01 - Summer
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 02 - Rainy Seas...
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 03 - Pre Autumn
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 04 - Pre Winter
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 05 - Winter
- Seasonal Cycle - Chapter 06 - Spring
- Shakuntala Act 1
- The Birth of The War-God (Canto Fifth ) ...
- The Birth of The War-God (Canto First) -...
- The Birth of The War-God (Canto Fourth )...
- The Birth of The War-God (Canto Second) ...
- The Birth of The War-God (Canto Seventh ...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Birth of The War-God (Canto Seventh ) - Uma''s Bridal by Kalidasa )
People who read Kalidasa also read
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley