Look Up and Live
There are storms raging all around.
In our own lives and it’s sometimes.
Hard to stand
When you’re at your lowest
And feel you can’t make it through.
Just look up and live!
I know it gets hard and the hills are hard to climb.
I know the path taken can be obstacle filled.
It’s hard to keep moving
When you’re fighting against God’s will.
But, baby, just look up and live!
No one but Jesus has it all together.
It’s okay to cry in stormy weather.
Weeping endures for a night
But joy comes in the morning’s bright light.
You might feel you can’t make it and want to give up,
But just look up and live!
Look to the hills from whence cometh your help.
Look the ONE who never slumbers or sleeps.
Look to the One who is your keeper and shade.
Look to the One who sits high and looks low.
Look up and live!
His eye is on the sparrow, He said not to worry.
Cast your cares upon Him.
Don’t you know He died for man’s sins?
So when you’re feeling doubt or just feeling low,
When you feel there is nowhere else to go
Baby, just look up and live!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Look Up and Live by Tonya Helms )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I have got my body, gajanan mishra
- Many Types of Pain, Christina Seyoum
- Good things, hasmukh amathalal
- I failed to understand this world, gajanan mishra