Vasco M. Resendes
Lost Love, Prisoner Heart
The sadness in my voice
Caused by love
What to do
Is to yell and scream
When she left
time stood still
And never came back
Now seconds turns to minutes
Minutes to hours
Hours in to days
Days in to weeks
My heart feels like a prisoner
Without any parole
No jail I’ve been in
made me feel A prisoner
like the prisoner of my heart!
Even in prison I had more freedom.
then the freedom of this heart.
We can not go to
the Heart and soul
to stop the aching memories’
that causes the heartache and pain.
Why is it
when love leaves
it never came back
Let’s not forget that the sun
returns every morning!
Return my love! !
Come back! ! !
Vasco M. Resendes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost Love, Prisoner Heart by Vasco M. Resendes )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)