lost only once
What’s lost only once, and once lost, lost forever?
The answer’s not hard, and you needn’t be clever
to know when it’s stiff you can’t bend from the waist:
It’s the bone that’s removed when your hip joint’s replaced.
Inspired by Christopher Marlowe, who wrote:
Jewels being lost are found againe, this never,
T'is lost but once, and once lost, lost for ever.'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (lost only once by gershon hepner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- die paaie gaan joburg toe, BrokenHeartPheko Motaung
- I Have Been Called, Lilly Emery
- Smoke Without Fire, Ejalonibu Abraham
- Weeds and Blooms, Donal Mahoney
- <<<<Twist and turn, Abdul Wahab
- <<<<<my mother land, Abdul Wahab
- Smell of sweat, gajanan mishra
- << Potherb of love, Abdul Wahab
- Cats Like Denny, Dexsta Ray
- <<< I dare you all, Abdul Wahab