Swat, Dwelling of the scented and angelic souls
A land, once was a country`s dear
now passing through turmoil years,
Where health and beauty cheered the gaze
and how often her charm was praised.
Her snowy hills and rosy land,
The never failing brooks and smiling springs,
the enchanting breeze and the lovely scene,
People called it heaven on the land.
But I tell you now.......
These were her charms and all are fled,
By divine writ her luxury cursed,
Those lovely bowers once her pride
Now lust and lies instead abide.
Rivers serene storm in anger,
Sky hills blooded and too danger
The land is trodden by armies' dark
Guns roar with a question mark.
Behold that mountain`s fairy
Her wide eyes full of quarries
Searching for her love and peace
But uncertain to get her ease.
Where dusk terrifies and hurting dawn
and the starry sky is wailing.
Sages are quiet and the young abstain
O never step into this fairyland
But pray to have our serenity again
What sorrow dooms that parting regime?
Why Nightmares reigns our lovely dreams?
and shattered the hearts serene.
To whom I blame,
Soldiers of the god…..?
Or soldiers of Land...?
Let's hail the shedding blood
of the poor innocent being,
they are suffering but never complain,
And sing a coral in melancholic strains,
No beauty adorned their fairy eyes,
truth decays and false arise.
O, tears from the depth of divine despair
Rise in the heart and turn into fears,
But my faith never disappears,
Have vision that dazzles my eyes
And behold a lost paradise.
gulsher JOHN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
help has been taken form the poem deserted village
Comments about this poem (Lost Paradise by gulsher JOHN )
Did you read them?
- Wake Of Suicide, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Miracle, Vian Sabri
- The Acrobat, Pat Raia
- Hupa, John Tansey
- i multi-task hard for you, Mandolyn ...
- Gridlock, Polarization And Shown Indiffe.., Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Similar yet different, Nassy Fesharaki
- Early To Bed, Michael McParland
- Burnt Offerings, John Tansey
- On the Day Isaac Lay Upon the Rock, Guillermo Veloso
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Richard Cory, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)