Broken dams and fading memories
nights in blue with lights and sound....
somethings moving in the distance
kill it when it comes around....
Lock it out and down forever
keep your heart a crying stone
look forever while they think,
you think its fun to be alone....
Choking velvet, bitter laughter
watch and scream then bravely smile
Just remember somehow it will all be over in a while....
Dance it out in 'Tarantella'
let it out to keep your head
lock it up and burn it over....
Keep it quiet....
Keep it dead....
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (love by courtney groth )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Joy, Anderson Green
Poem of the Day
- Weeping Heart, Michael P. McParland
- The Bluff-masters As Poets, Bijay Kant Dubey
- God was born, devon da poet
- Her Name, TheSilent Loudness
- Inside, Amal Ahmed
- To Be Loved, Tom Zart
- On Seeing You, I Found A Red Rose Standi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- By the babbling brook, Christopher Tye
- Missionaries And Their Conversions, I My.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Perverse Ignorance, Right?, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran