How I long to feel the waves of your love crashing upon the shores of my soul again.
Washing and smoothing the rippled sands of my internal strife,
leaving me speechless, stunned at how your every word and movement penetrates me, filling my world with wonder and beauty.
As your laugh rings through me like a harbor bell offering salvation to my emotions cast adrift on the turbulent sea of my mind.
Your sky blue eyes mesmerize me with a flashing twinkle reminiscent of a distant lighthouse guiding me to safety.
While your breath falls upon my skin like a gentle sea breeze, your smile shines as brightly as a thousand noon suns and carries with it just as much warmth to my heart.
How I long for the waves of your love to wash over me again.
Michael Ernst's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Adrift by Michael Ernst )
- Good deed, Suresh Dogra
- Problems, maria sudibyo
- Free!, maria sudibyo
- Angst, maria sudibyo
- OTP (One True Pairing), maria sudibyo
- Lost, zheung kyuhkoh
- Fall down, lonely, zheung kyuhkoh
- Mission: Fission Or Fusion, Aftab Alam
- My broken heart Transcends, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Red face, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)