How I long to feel the waves of your love crashing upon the shores of my soul again.
Washing and smoothing the rippled sands of my internal strife,
leaving me speechless, stunned at how your every word and movement penetrates me, filling my world with wonder and beauty.
As your laugh rings through me like a harbor bell offering salvation to my emotions cast adrift on the turbulent sea of my mind.
Your sky blue eyes mesmerize me with a flashing twinkle reminiscent of a distant lighthouse guiding me to safety.
While your breath falls upon my skin like a gentle sea breeze, your smile shines as brightly as a thousand noon suns and carries with it just as much warmth to my heart.
How I long for the waves of your love to wash over me again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Adrift by Michael Ernst )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney
- Here's A Lazy Thought, Electric Lady
- A Conservative Guardian Can Only Do Hono.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just For Blasphemy, One Is Killing Anoth.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston
- Little Secret, Edgard Canales P