Love, I Want
The girl who has lost in wilderness
I do not have her company.
The girl who is a nightingale
I do not have her symphony.
The girl who is a dazzling beauty
I do not have her pity.
The girl who has oozing grace and youth
I have not enjoyed both.
The girl who has dark and deep eyes
I do not have its amorous sighs.
The girl who always wears a lovely smile,
The girl who follows a different style,
I am anxious to get her favour,
I want to be her one and only lover.
The girl who is callous and ruthless,
She offers and I get severe pain.
The girl who is wanton and betrayer,
She offers love and I cannot share.
Love does not come the way I want,
Rather it comes and gives heart-burnt.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love, I Want by shakil ahmed )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- I Am Something, Human Ego, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu