Love is patient and will always wait
for the right moment then not hesitate.
Love is so kind and thinks only the best
and will withstand the most arduous test.
Love does not envy but gives all away
It does not count the cost it has to pay.
Love does not boast but with humble deeds
reaches out tenderly and intercedes.
Love is not proud nor acts arrogantly
but always gives so extravagantly.
Love is never obscene or ever rude
and speaks only sweetness in servitude.
Love is not self-seeking but always desires
only the best for the one it admires.
Love does not get angry or get annoyed
but will hold its peace conflict to avoid.
Love keeps no account of wrongs we do
but cancels our debts past, presents and future too.
Love does not like evil but in truth rejoices
and speaks out strongly against lying voices.
Love always protects the one it desires,
and will not grow weary and never tires.
Love will always trust and will never doubt
and in absolute confidence reaches out.
Love always hopes beyond the improbable
and will always do the impossible.
For Love never fails and continues on
and it will be there when all else has gone.
(See also Love personified)
Royston Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight In evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
All quotations ©NIV
Comments about this poem (Love Is by Royston Allen )
- There was a Poet Seer and the people gat.., Emmanuel George Cefai
- We are meant, hasmukh amathalal
- I Dare Not To Tell You., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Amritpaan, ramesh rai
- Sonnet: Labourers in the Vineyard (Mathe.., Dr John Celes
- Prayer To God-Sri Ramakrishna., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- The Deserted Spring, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Love In Lovers' Poetry, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fun never runs out!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Passing Winds, Tex T Sarnie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)