Love is An Opportunity For Failure
I hurt as I watch you go.
Knowing that it was my decision -
I loved you so much I had to let you go.
There was no other way.
My love for you got in the way of everything, from my friendships to my grades.
You never left my mind or my heart, and, while that was good in some ways, it provided an excellent opportunity for failure.
So, as you go, remember that, I've only done this for love.
Everything I've ever done for you was out of love.
Something that I will always remember about us.
Sierra Staten's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love is An Opportunity For Failure by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart
- To Think It Fine And Dandy, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- More Treasured Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak