Love Is In The Air
Whenever I see you pass me by
I can only heave a heavy sigh
You are so beautiful and fair
But can love be in the air?
I gazed as you go down the street
I can only admire and not regret
How we could be such a wonderful pair
But will love be in the air?
I tried to be with you wherever you are
The sadness I felt when you are far
Your beautiful face I can't help but stare
Will love be soon in the air?
One day soon it will just come to pass
A big question to ask in a wedding mass
Would you marry me and climb the heavenly stairs
Would your reply bring love into the air?
Then suddenly I felt so wonderful and light
Was I floating on air or was it just my fright?
I never felt this way before with a girl so fair,
Did she bring the love I felt in the air?
I took hold of myself to see if I were dreaming
I had to pinch my face to stop from screaming
I fell deeply in love with a girl so fair…
It was then I knew that love was in the air!
With her love, my world seemed so brand new
A world known to lovers like me and you
The things that I saw had better colors and hues
Everything has changed simply because of you!
Till there was you I never thought I knew
How it was to be loved by someone like you
I dared to dream to show how much I care
Love indeed is floating in the air...
Johnny Goyena's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Love Is In The Air by Johnny Goyena )
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )
- You are the Best!, Rachel Nichols