Love Is Pain; Pain Is Love
Love is one of the most contradicting things we can imagine,
It is both the disease and the antidote
to the most painful and unforgiving things;
yet it also serves as a merciless happiness to the soul, body, and mind.
We cannot live with it nor can it be lacking completely.
I do not understand the demand for love, and the rejection of pain,
Because love is pain;
Pain is love.
And that is the most simple way a person can live.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is Pain; Pain Is Love by Sierra Staten )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Summer Children, Edgar Albert Guest
- Yes?, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- To The Humble, Edgar Albert Guest
- Disappearing Act, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Caught, Diane Hine
- Since Jessie Died, Edgar Albert Guest
- When Father Played Baseball, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Fishing Outfit, Edgar Albert Guest
- Where Somebody Died, Eleanor Ross Taylor
- Unimportant Differences, Edgar Albert Guest