Love Is Status Bound
She loves him for he is handsome,
Rich and cheerful, also loves her.
That he loves her is least mattered.
Without that also she could love.
With that alone she would not love.
With the other factors she could love
Any other knight if chance allowed.
She is sticking to him for the present.
What, if he went poor and invalid?
Love marriage has no advantage
Over arranged marriage in survival.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Is Status Bound by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Elinor Morton Wylie
(7 September 1885 – 16 December 1928)
(15 April 1958)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 입싸방은아메센터jh, hthrth fdghfh
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda