G. S. Sharat Chandra
Love Song of Rasheed the Mad Cap
Praise to thee great Allah,
For carving my beloved
Pure as the sand of Mecca,
Rarer than the rose rarest.
Why you make her princess
Beyond reach of servant Rasheed?
The suitors are at the palace gate
Hankering after my love-bird.
Her father the Khaleef
Let eet bee
Who touches the rose tree
The one she marree.
How great you are Allah,
The fat prince of Persia
Fed on lard is passing
Touching not the rose tree.
The Nawab of Nokredeet
Has his eyes on the balcony
His hands on the box he carree,
He touches not the rose tree.
Marches Ahmed, prince of 7 palaces
Missing the rose tree
By an isle & 14 torches,
O merciful father of horses.
& Zanab Tak-i-Wauk
Takes his walk
Right past the rose tree
O lover of the love famished
With each suitor passing
Touching not the rose tree,
My beloved blushes
Hoping it will be mee,
Guide me then
With hands of strategee,
To the rose tree the rose tree.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Song of Rasheed the Mad Cap by G. S. Sharat Chandra )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak