Love Sonnet 103: 'Shall I Caress Petals To Feel Your Touch, '
Shall I caress petals to feel your touch,
Or your being, that fares among beauties,
I did shout on a ridge that you are such,
And every echo shouting back agrees;
I look up to the blue to sense your sight,
As evening gust brings scents to tell you’re near,
You came with steps so soft as dreams in flight,
Or else, as breath you wafted on my ear;
But you are on an isle so far away;
Know what I might, in desperation do:
I'll scoop in buckets waters of your sea,
To make dry land to get across to you;
…….Reveries in lieu of reality,
…….Has only my sanity as casualty.
Poet Other Poems
- A Drunken Sonnet
- A Beach Wish
- A Believer To His Love
- A Child Of The Road
- A Doctor To His Love
- A Fetus Speaks
- A Madrigal # 1: 'Cry Not Yourself To Sl...
- A Madrigal # 5: 'Cottage By A Wind-swep...
- A Madrigal # 6: 'Always hold On To Th S...
- A Madrigal #10: 'Tomorrow Might Not Com...
- A Madrigal #2: 'Song For Nectaria'
- A Madrigal #3: 'When You Threw Roses'
- A Madrigal #4: 'Seems Just Yesterday'
- A Madrigal #8: 'Hints Of Love'
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.